I am looking for
Sell successfully on eBay internationally
The entire process can look very complicated but it is not so, you can easily become a successful seller on eBay marketplace internationally by following a few mandatory procedures or by integrating your account with a business automation platform like Eunimart which will help you automate and optimize your Product information, listings, control and manage Inventory, optimize the Pricing of your products with the advanced Pricing Calculator, reconcile all Payments and fulfill orders by warehousing and shipping at heavily discounted rates with 10 Shipping partners.
eBay serves 194 countries worldwide dominating online retail sales. eBay traditionally followed the auction model, but today, it is shedding that image to become a full-fledged ecommerce site. It is now a massive marketplace for consumers. If you are planning to do cross-border ecommerce and looking for a good but low-risk and low-cost type of marketplace from India, then eBay can be your preferred destination.
“eBay’s business is based on enabling someone to do business with another person and to do that, they have to first develop some measure of trust, either in the other person or the system” said the creator of eBay, Pierre Omidyar. With that sort of commitment, it’s no wonder that selling on eBay is a giant leap towards being a successful ecommerce seller.
He further goes on to say, “What makes eBay successful – the real value and the real power at eBay – is the community. It’s the buyers and sellers coming together and forming a marketplace.”
On eBay you are valued, so make this your marketplace to sell successfully in international markets. It is what serves your purpose, low-risk, low-cost but an effective and efficient marketplace.
Here are a few pointers towards selling successfully on the eBay marketplace internationally that promise to steer you in the right direction.
- The choice of your product matters: Indian handicrafts, Block print, Kantha work, Filigree jewelry, handloom are in great demand on international markets because they are a rare commodity overseas. What will sell are unique collector items. The taste and choice of the buyers vary from country to country but Indian hand-made products are very popular. To sell these in the international markets successfully, choose eBay marketplace.
- Check the listings available on eBay to know what is already there and how they are priced. This will help you to market goods appropriately on the eBay marketplace internationally. It is low risk, low cost but an effective and efficient marketplace.
- Check for prohibited items, a list of which is displayed on the eBay website.
- Te sell on the eBay marketplace internationally, a few documents are required like your Importer-Exporter Code for which you can find the necessary guidelines on www.dgft.nic.in. Besides this, you need to have an invoice for shipping your goods.
- The accepted forms of payment are PaisaPay, PayPal or Wire transfer. However, it is recommended that you have a PayPal account (which is a preferred mode) before you register yourself on eBay.in.
Do this in three easy steps.
- Link your PayPal account to your seller account on eBay.
- Verify the same in order to improve your credibility score and set up your store.
- Start selling successfully on eBay marketplace internationally once you have listed.
- You can list your items on the international site or on eBay. In and mention that your orders can be shipped to anywhere in the world. Your product thus gets a wider audience when listed on international sites. Although you can use your eBay India ID to list on their international sites it is also recommended that you study the company’s policies (listed on their website) about different countries.
- Reach out to the customer. International sites could be language-specific so it makes sense to have a translation tool like Google available on your page. Design it nicely but in a simple language accompanied by images with a highly professional look. That is what will attract traffic to your page amongst various other things.
- Strong Customer Support will contribute to your success.
- Keep an eye on the pricing. Give good worth to your customers by pricing the products competitively. This will help you to sell successfully on eBay marketplace internationally.
- Have clear cut guidance on your page about Estimated Delivery Time, Taxes and Duties or Shipping rates as also payment options. Using PayPal is safest but other options need to be there. You just need to be sure that the payment is made before you ship an item. Refer to eBay security centre in case of any doubt.
- Use a good international courier if required.
- Shipping internationally needs proper documentation. The cost of shipping is determined by the combination of the weight of the package, Priority of delivery, Location and insurance cost.
- The value of an item has to be declared and an invoice must accompany it for customs purposes.
- The Global Shipping Programme of eBay is meant to ease the job of sellers and will help you to go cross border without having the additional headache of shipping. It is a low-risk low cost, but an effective and efficient marketplace, so reach your success by selling on eBay marketplace internationally.
The entire process can look very complicated but it is not so, you can easily become a successful seller on eBay marketplace internationally by following a few mandatory procedures or by integrating your account with a business automation platform like Eunimart which will help you automate and optimize your Product information, listings, control and manage Inventory, optimize the Pricing of your products with the advanced Pricing Calculator, reconcile all Payments and fulfill orders by warehousing and shipping at heavily discounted rates with 10 Shipping partners. So if you are serious about selling through cross border ecommerce and you need a kind of low risk, low-cost marketplace then here you are. A ready infrastructure to drive ecommerce awaits you with a wide audience that is hungry to test new products. That definitely is a great way to reach new shores without a huge investment. So start selling on eBay internationally and be a successful ecommerce entrepreneur.