I am looking for
More Marketplaces, more Customers
Reading time: 3min 48sec
- Best Buy Canada launched a marketplace in order to have a larger customer base. In order to be more relevant to customers, to provide them a greater range of products Best Buy Canada could generate greater profits. Their goal is very well summed up in their own words; “With a marketplace, Best Buy Canada brings immense value to Canadian shoppers, who are underserved online and often must rely on international e-commerce sites to purchase goods, leading to inflated prices and longer shipping times. By increasing our online selection, we provide the convenience of an omni-channel experience to Canadian shoppers and help them embrace e Commerce by finding the products they are looking for directly from a retailer operating in Canada.”
- A Spanish communications retail specialist very interestingly launched its own marketplace. Phone House as it is known expanded its business in depth in order to increase its customer base. It could generate new business and open up markets in nine European countries. Their benefit thus was manifold.
- Carrefour has adopted the marketplace model in Spain, Poland, and France and has had millions of visitors to its new formula. There is an increased range of products available now and the customer base has grown connecting all hypermarkets belonging to Carrefour and the outreach has been across continents.
- Conrad the Electronic marketplace is another model to watch out for. It had launched the first B2B electronic marketplace in Germany in order to offer more professional services to its customers. The result was a huge increase in the customer base with more than three million products on display.
- French fashion house Christian LA Croix launched an online marketplace because it wanted to integrate products from all its partners worldwide. A marketplace seemed to be the perfect solution for Christian LA Croix. As its CEO remarked, “Christian LA Croix is an iconic brand – one that’s renowned for having revolutionised the world of fashion. Our e-commerce platform has brought us into the digital age, with an innovative model allowing us to establish direct contact with our customers and provide them with a unique experience, accessible from anywhere in the world. This model benefits both our brand and our partners.”