I am looking for
The Importance of Business Process Automation
Reading Time: 3min 18sec
Staying competitive is the demand of the day and to meet that demand incorporating business process automation is essential. Business process automation means leveraging the ‘power of technology’. It increases efficiency and reduces the overall cost of running a company according to traditional methods. It is said in fact that by 2022 about 59% of businesses would be automated.
In this method software technology is used to automate regular tasks that are done by humans. The result is an increase in efficiency and humans are left to attend to tasks that cannot be done by machines. Tasks such as customer support, customer billing, inventory management, financial accounting can all be automated for greater efficiency. Some tasks are time consuming if done manually and are beneficial when automated as for example the daily attendance tracker or when calculating leaves of employees. Automation really does serve well.
Amongst the benefits of business process operation are:
- There is a huge cost reduction with automation. More man hours are available since machines do a lot of work which used to be done by men. So even if the workforce is reduced the output does not reduce and the focus can be on quality. Ultimately the whole cost of business operation reduces.
- The workforce can be better utilised for tasks that are important and relevant. It thus leaves you free to be more innovative.
- Human errors can be reduced with automation even though each and every arm of a business cannot be automated because software is not applicable at certain points and business process automation cannot be integrated.
- Automation helps to better manage business information and analyse data. The larger the organisation the more is the need for automation. Problems also are identifiable easily and hence rectifiable.
- This leads to better collaboration also amongst team members with proper flow of information. Automation helps to track projects at different stages, setting goals and tracking them as well as deadlines, and updating processes where required.
The importance of going in for automation:
- It is the first step towards a necessary digitization.
- It gives clarity to every aspect of business. Everyone involved is therefore able to learn from it. The advantage is that “The insights you gain from analysing an automated process can clearly show you the gap between your processes as is and as it should ideally be.”
- By automation your processes are streamlined. You can get valuable insights, clear accountability, customizable notifications and a turnaround time that is faster and will enable you to be more productive.
- During audit it is very useful because through automation all details of different processes are recorded and so can be presented easily when required.
- It makes your business a trustworthy one because automation ensures standard outcomes and this increases reliability.
- Customers are thus satisfied exceedingly because of your operational excellence and ability to meet their expectations.
- A large number of people are required for a task
- Where time is of priority.
Where the task is high volume.
- For audit compliance.
- For procurement of material
- Call centre processes
- Customer care
- Push notifications and email
- Employee leave tracking
- Sales orders and invoicing.
- Backup of data and its restoration.
- Product launches and more.