I am looking for
5 Incredible Phygital Retail Technologies Shaping the World of Retail
- Chatbots: Virtual Assistants/Chatbots, which can assist shoppers in making smart decisions about their shopping, for example, the chatbot can answer customer queries related to new collections, new brands that are available in the store or customers can also ask for shopping advice. As we move into the future chatbots are getting more intuitive and are enabling a better customer experience. Apart from providing customer support, chatbots are enhancing the impact of AI in E-commerce through voice-based interactions with shoppers using NLP, Self-learning capabilities and addressing consumer needs more efficiently.
- Personalised recommendation: “Repeat customers spend 300% more money than one-time buyers. Return customers would also be likely to buy your more expensive products or services.”, according to investopedia.com. In today’s competitive world, customers expect companies to cover their needs irrespective of the channel that they use. Stores are enabling personalised recommendation to customers by collecting customers preferences related to style or colour.
- Augmented Reality/Virtual Reality: Augmented reality is enhancing the customer experience like never before, stores are enabling augmented reality/virtual reality which can solve the problem of standing in queues for the changing rooms, AR/VR lets you have a virtual try-on with many different variants available. This technological advancement increases the sales massively, and it also decreases the return rate of unwanted products. It is thereby ensuring an efficient, personalised and excellent customer experience.
- Smart Mirror: A smart mirror is a wonderful new technology that many stores are using, which is a present fitting room. Customers can log in their personal information in the smart mirror using the QR code which is provided in the app or in email. By using a smart mirror, shoppers can request products of different color, or size or even a completely different product to be brought to their fitting room. Shoppers can even share purchases with their friends , they just need to take a snap and can easily share it with a single click. The smart mirror enables the customer to make purchases and even deliver the selected items.
- Location based push notification: Times have changed now, shoppers can now receive push notifications based on their geographical location. This technology enables the sellers to track and send notification to shoppers for any stores which are nearby to them making the shopping process more simplified than ever before.
In today’s competitive world, customers expect brands to cover their needs irrespective of the channel that they use which makes it difficult to satisfy the ever increasing demands of the customer, but brands are now making use of technological advancement, which lets the customer experience the brand in their own personal way this allows shoppers to feel as if the store was just made for them.